Saturday, 4 March 2017

Inspired by Tim Holtz

Hello there,

Well, the sun's been shining again today and I'm starting to think that Spring really is on the way.  It's lovely to see the blossom on the trees again and I'm looking forward to warmer days coming soon.

I'm here today with a card that I've made for the challenge over at Country View Crafts challenge which is 'Inspired by Tim Holtz'

My Daughter bought me the Tim Holtz Umbrella Man die for Christmas and this seemed like the perfect opportunity to give him his first outing.


I made the background by using Brushos and Cosmic Shimmer Pixie Powder.  I'm really loving using my Brushos recently and I think they work really well with this particular die,  The effect at the bottom was purely accidental, as you never know what you're going to get as an end result but it does look like he's splashing in a puddle.  The sentiment is one that I've used may times before and is by Inkylicious.

I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend and that the sun is shining wherever you are :)

I'm also entering this card into the following challenges:

  • HLS  - March Water Colour Challenge 


17 comments:

  1. Love the blend of background colours Sandra and rhe perfect sentiment to compliment the Umbrella Man.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background Sandra and the Umbrella Man is a favourite of mine, I must get him out more often! Well done you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a striking card. The colours are gorgeous and what luck that the puddle should appear where it did!! We have had a mixture of sun and showers in Dorset today, quite chilly too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Sandra, brilliant card and what a fabulous background, I love the image and of course the sentiment is fabulous. We needed umbrellas today, has never stopped raining, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful background. match great with the stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bright and vivid use of this guy! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card, fabulous background and a great die.
    Please don't tempt fate, could snow tomorrow!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card this is Sandra. I love the background and you're right, he does look as id he's splashing in the puddles - or singing in the rain perhaps!. A great sentiment too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card design Sandra, love this umbrella man and fabulous background.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so gorgeous, Sandra!! The colors are amazing!! I love the umbrella man!! This is fabulous!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a stunning smooshed background! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Brushos certainly do work well with the lovely umbrella man silhouette. Fab card.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Perfect Christmas pressie! I love the stark black silhouette against the lively Brushos background. Thank you for joining us at Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes the puddle worked out really well! I love my brusho's too for the sheer unpredictability of them. Great colour choice and loving the umbrella man die x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love the background! So fresh and reminds me of spring... The umbrellaman is such a perfect image for this challenge; it still is a beautiful image! Enjoy the slowly coming spring! Think at your part nature is a little bit further...here we have daffodils, but not much on the trees jet... Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  16. this just sings Tim to me - lovely work! Thanks for joining us at Countryview challenges and good luck! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...