Monday, 3 April 2017

A Butterfly for a Special Friend

Hello there,

Before I start today's post, I've had a few new followers join me recently, so I would just like to say 'Hello and welcome' to them, and also to say thank you to the loyal band of followers that I have for their continued friendship and support.  It really means a lot to when I read all the lovely things that you say and I appreciate that you give your precious time to leave those comments, so thank you.

I had a lovely surprise on Friday to find that I had won the March challenge over at Stamping Sensations with this card, lucky me :)  This was the very first challenge that I won when I started blogging back in 2015, so to have won it for a second time is amazing, as was the prize that I won, which is a fabulous selection of dies by 'Tattered Lace.'  Many thanks to Brenda, who runs the challenge and to her wonderful Design Team for thinking my card worthy of winning, I feel truly honoured.

I'm here today to share a card with you that I made for a special lady who's birthday was in February. I'm pleased to say that she loved the card and I hope that you do too.


X

I was just scanning through some card challenges that I follow and I noticed that this would fit in just perfectly with 'The Butterfly Challenge.' The theme this time is'#75 Butterflies + R is for Repeat and/or the colour Night sky.'  My background is the colour of the night sky, the corner punch is repeated and of course, my card features a butterfly, so I think that I've ticked all the boxes here.

I stamped the Bigz Butterfly from Inkylicious in Versamark and then heat embossed it with gold embossing powder, I then used an acetate print of the same butterfly and used gilding flakes on the back, which allowed all of beautiful metallic colours to show through. I really like the way that the acetate gives the butterfly dimension and movement. The sentiment is also by Inkylicious, heat embossed with the gold again, and I think the corner die is by Memory Box.


I would also like to enter this car onto the following challenges:






24 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your win Sandra, I can see why this card is stunning the butterfly looks like it is about to fly right off of the card.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and I really love the butterfly.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This simply gorgeous Sandra. Fantastic card. So vibrant.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the win x What a classy and elegant card. Great idea and fabulous effect to pop the flakes on the back of the butterfly... it really does show the gorgeous butterfly off to perfection x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What can I say? - It was stunning on my birthday, as stunning as it is here today on your blog and it still remains to this day on my mantlepiece - I just can't bring myself to move it! You too are a very special lady Sandra and it touched me greatly that you think that I am too - particularly with what we are going through right now.
    I am currently working on a butterfly (of sorts!) so I'll see if mine is applicable to the challenge - sounds exciting! - If I think it is, I'll get it on my blog pretty pronto!
    Thank you again, to have received it and to see it with such kind words. xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your win Sandra. Your cards are always very beautiful. This is absolutely gorgeous. Your butterfly looks amazing. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card certainly does tick all the boxes for me. Your butterfly is absolutely beautiful. I bet your friend loved receiving this. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your win Sandra, well deserved ! This butterfly card is stunning, love the gold against the dark background

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a wonderful card Sandra, the butterfly is glorious against the dark background, beautifully designed, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a real stunner Sandra, so much dimension on the Butterfly and intensity of depth with the dark background and all that gilding looks beautiful.

    I try gilding flakes over and again but all I seem to get is a desk full of mess and total frustration, that said I was reasonably happy with my CB egg last week so better stop moaning.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, this is absolutely stunning, Sandra!! Wow!! That is the most gorgeous butterfly!! The colors are amazing!! I love how it looks like it's about to fly off the card!! What a spectacular card!! Huge congrats on your so-deserved win!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  12. ...and this is an incredibly special card too!! It's really beautiful Sandra, so elegant and the dimension is wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww wow this is stunning! So elegant and love the butterfly!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sandra,
    a truly stunning and superb creation here.
    That design is so perfect and gorgeous, and that butterfly is so superbly stunning.
    I am in awe of your amazing and superb talent.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So stunning Sandra.Your butterfly is fabulous :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is totally stunning Sandra, really gorgeous card, fabulous design and love the gold but and it is very rare that I say this, a really lovely butterfly.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on your win.
    I love this card and how clever that they make an acetate overlay to match the stamp, you've used it to such great effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stunning butterfly on the gorgeous card Sandra, love the wonderful colours.
    Congrats on your win.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo beautiful! I love it! A stunning creation, Sandra. Congratulations on your win too. A worthy winner

    ReplyDelete
  20. I totally understand that she loved the card; it is stunning and elegant and original in these colours! What a great butterfly!
    Congrats on winning and have fun with your price; looking forward to your makes with it! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, Sandra, this is just stunning! The butterfly is so striking against the dark background. Congratulations on your win last month, so well deserved. Hope you're enjoying your prize! And thanks for joining us again this month at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! The butterfly looks amazing. These wings are like velvet. Beautiful, unique card.
    Hugs,
    BożenA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...