Sunday, 7 May 2017

'Butterflies Fairies and Fantasy' at Stamping Sensations

Hello there, and a very happy Sunday morning to you all.

As most of you will already know, I was lucky enough to win the March challenge over at Stamping Sensations. This really came as a huge surprise to me as there were so many beautiful entries.  I won a fabulous prize of some 'Tattered Lace' dies, and I was also asked by Brenda if I would be their Guest Designer for May, so I jumped at the chance and here's the card that I've made for them:


The main Fairy stamp that I've used is by 'Make Your Mark.' They have a wonderful little stamp shop on Goodramgate in York, so if you're having a trip out to York, then it's well worth a visit. The rest of the stamps that I've used are all by Inkylicious, with the exception of the butterfly which is one that I got in a small set from The Works.

The inks that I've used are by: Adirondack; Distress;Versafine.

I used Perfect Pearls on the tips of the flowers to give some dimension and to make them stand out a little. I think this works particularly well against the dark inks. I also added some iridescent glitter to the Butterfly Fairy's wings, although I'm not sure that it shows up too well in the first photo, so here's a close up:


Just before I go, I would like to show another photo of just a few of the flowers that I've made so far with my prize from Stamping Sensations.  I just love the Lily, which looks so real, what do you think?


That's me done for today and I hope that you like what I've made.  Many thanks to Brenda and her wonderful Design Team for giving me the pleasure of joining them today and I'm sure they would love you to pop over to their blogs to see what they've made too.

Wishing you a very happy and relaxing day x

28 comments:

  1. Love the scene you have created Sandra. Beautiful card!
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful Sandra and love the way the Fairy is dancing across the toadstools under the glow of the moon/sun. It could be the scene at the end of my garden or yours as well as I assume you have Fairies as well ?

    And you have created some lovely Lilies with your TL prize, like you I find the Lilies so lifelike.

    I am so pleased you have joined us as our Guest Designer at Stamping Sensations this month, my thanks for creating such a lovely card to inspire us all.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this is just magical and divine Sandra, you are amazing ! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning sandra, your stamping and colouring is amazing, love the toadstool and your fairy is beautiful, a beautiful fantasy scene I love it.

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your GD placement, well deserved and this is just stunning.xx ♥[aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  6. An enchanting scene Sandra, love how it looks so dimensional , truly magical. The lilies are lovely, very realistic

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful! Really looks like a fantasy place you could step straight into!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what an amazing, magical scene you've created!! I love the colors and the layering of stamping!! The fairy is gorgeous!! Congrats on your GD spot!! The flowers are stunning, too!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous scene..wonderful colouring and result a lovely card. Love your flowers too and Congrats on your win and GD post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely magical, such a pretty scene and so atmospheric xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this is just amazing! So delicate and detailed. Your flowers are looking fab too! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous scene you`ve created Sandra, gorgeous colours and stamping.
    Congrats on your GD spot, those lilies are beautiful.
    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Sandra! A stunning scene! You have done us proud. Thanks so much for being guest DT xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have made a gorgeous fairytale scene Sandra! Fantatic! Its nice to see you enjoy your prize and you have made some beautiful lilies with it. Thanks for being our GDT. Marlies x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful fantasy card and beautiful flowers. Congrats on your win.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spotted this over on the Stamping Sensations blog - beautiful piece of artwork Sandra, again I say it, very delicate, a place for everything and everything in it's place - BEAUTIFUL! XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandra,
    such a very stunning card and your design and inking as usual are ace.
    Love the wonderful stamps used and the super glitz.
    I am not surprised you were asked to be a GD as your work is always so stunning and perfectly created.
    Love the wonderful flowers and you are right they look very real.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Many congratulations on your guest designer invite x You are so talented and I am not in the least surprised x Great scene you've created on your fabulous card. loving that fairy stamp too x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous design, beautiful colours..xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a super scene! So dreamy! A great GDT-card! And super flowers; like the colors and the the perfect soft colouring! Think we will see more of those lilies... :) Hugs, Gerrna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Another beautiful make from you - so atmospheric.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow Sandra, what a great scene. And wonderful colored. FANTASTIC!!!
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card Sandra. Love the flowers.
    Hope your week is going well.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  24. You've created a beautiful scene Sandra and such fantastic colouring

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your win and GDT spot. Love your fabulous fairy card and those flowers are stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely to have you with us this month Sandra and your card is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Stunning work, as always, Sandra! Such a gorgeous design! Thanks for being our GDT this month.

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...