Friday, 21 July 2017

A Card For A Lovely Lady

Hello there,

I'd like to share with you today a card that I made for a lovely friend of mine who celebrated her 80th birthday last week. She doesn't like a lot of fuss but she does have a good eye for all things pretty, so I knew this card had to be a special one for her.  It's quite different to my usual inky style but it does us all good every now and then to make something a little different from the norm. I also made a matching box which I completely forgot to take a photograph of.  She loved the box so much that she stood it next to the card, bless her.


Ordinarily when I make cards like this one, I would use a printer and choose an ornate font in silver to make a personalised sentiment for the front but as I don't have a printer at the moment, I had to stamp the front using some stamps and a number die which came free with a Papercraft magazine.

I made the background of the card using the Spellbinders Elegant Labels Four set that I've had for a while now and the Lilies and some of the Ivy were made using some Tattered Lace Floral Dies from the set that I won in the March challenge at Stamping Sensations.  The Lilies were made with plain white card and then I coloured them using Cranberry Adirondack ink to match the background colour.

The Floral set is fabulous and the Lilies are definitely one of my favourites from the set as they are so detailed.  I occasionally have a batch making session and then ink them up using a variety of different colours. I find this much easier than having to sit and make the flowers at the time of needing a card.

Thank you for visiting and I wish you a happy and colourful day x


18 comments:

  1. A stunning card Sandra, I' m sure that you friend loved this. The lily's are beautiful and shaped so well. This is where I admit that I have these dies and have not used them yet.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful, no wonder she loved it, and the box too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sandra. Those flowers are so pretty. It did make me smile when I read the lady had placed the box along side the card. How lovely!
    Loving your seaside card over on the CI blog today. You can almost feel the sea breeze.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Sandra and no wonder the lady adored it. The lilies are so prettily made and shaped and the ivy goes beautifully and all set against that wonder die cut mat. Elegant in every way. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card, your friend will love it, the flowers and layers are so beautiful. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suspect this will grace her mantlepiece for quite some time as it's such a pretty card xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a really beautiful card Sandra and obviously much appreciated by the lady who received it. Your flowers look so real! Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sandra,
    oh my word this card is gorgeous and those flowers are so pretty and beautifully created and coloured I love them they are so real looking.
    Such a pity about not photoing your box I bet it was gorgeous too.
    Love the colour choices and your super design.
    I can never be without a printer, and have 2 in case one breaks down am I daft or what.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! absolutely stunning and yes its good to do something different now and then. What a beautiful card, great elements, great texture and loving those lilies. Amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so gorgeous!! The layers are fabulous and I love the beautiful flowers!! So stunning!! Happy birthday to your friend!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card Sandra and it would have been perfect for your friend. Sometimes it's good to do something completely different.
    Have a great weekend.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Sandra, pretty die cuts and I love the flowers, I'm sure it will be treasured by the recipitant

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  13. A really gorgeous card Sandra, beautiful flowers and really lovey dies.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a lovely pretty card Sandra and no, it doesn't do us any harm to step away from the normal every now and then - infact, I think it does us good!!!! I bet your friend loved this one and felt very special receiving it. Have a lovely weekend, xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those lilies are so beautifully coloured! They look like you just picked them...wish the beautiful white ones here would show us there full bloom, but than again if they bloom we can enjoy them for a long time...
    Congrats with your mom's birthday! Good to make something special for here...
    Have a good summer weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card for this lovely lady.xx [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beauty card Sandra your flowers are amazing

    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...