Sunday, 2 July 2017

'Anything With Flowers' at Stamping Sensations and some happy news!

Today is a very happy day for me, let me tell you why.........

When I started my blog just over two years ago, the very first card challenge that I entered was Stamping Sensations.  I was lucky enough to win that challenge which then gave me the confidence to keep on blogging and to try out new things and new challenges.  It's always been special to me, so you can't believe the absolute joy that I felt when Brenda and her team invited me to join them on their Design Team.  I'm pleased to say that I accepted their kind invitation without hesitation and today is my debut at Stamping Sensations.

Before I share with you the cards that I've made, I would just like to say a very special and heartfelt thank you to Brenda, and to each and every one of her Design Team for making me feel so welcome. I really appreciate it and I'm looking forward to new friendships and to the challenges ahead.

On to business now and this month's challenge which it 'Anything With Flowers.' We are very kindly sponsored this month by Crafty Individuals and the lucky winner will receive a £35 voucher to spend on their fabulous stamps.

Now I also recently joined the Design Team over at Crafty Individuals, so when I found out that they were to be the sponsors for this months challenge, it just felt like it was all meant to be and I couldn't wait to get my stamps out and get cracking, so here's the first card that I've made for this month's challenge using one of the latest stamps by Crafty Individuals CI-470:


I actually created the image using several layers but they don't really show too well on the picture above so I've taken the one below from a different angle which shows this much better.


I started by stamping just the Rose part of the stamp by inking it with a Spectrum Aqua marker (Spice) and then stamping randomly around the outside of my background. I didn't cover it completely as I wanted to leave some of the card plain around the main focal image.

I coloured the Rose using the same marker and then used various Distress and Adirondack inks to add more colours and shading to it, and also to the rest of the image as you can see from the photo above.

Here's my second card using Crafty Individuals CI-472


I started by painting the image with Distress and Adirondack inks.  I love purple and yellow as a colour combination, so this was the first choice for me as I thought that they would work perfectly with this beautiful image.

Once the image was finished, I set about making a background to match.  I started by dusting over the card with the Adirondack Sunshine Yellow and Distress Wilted Violet. I then stamped randomly with CI-017 and CI-194 to add the subtle script and music.  I used a Harlequin stencil to replicate the Harlequin pattern on the main focal image.  I then finished by giving it a splattering of water and lifting it off with a paper towel,

We really hope that you'll be able to join us for this month's challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge and we need to see stamping as your main focal image. All the details of our challenge rules can be found here.

Please note:  If we don't comment on your entry it will be because it doesn't follow our theme to qualify under our rules, or because we are asked to sign in or provide additional data to comment on third part hosts such as Instagram, Flickr or Facebook etc.  We really don't want to be rude but we do want to be fair to those who follow the rules.

That's all from me so I wish you a very happy and colourful day x





  

33 comments:

  1. First of all Sandra, welcome to the team, I am so pleased you agreed to join us.

    Two super creation, the dimension on the Rose is wonderful and it blends so well with the soft background stamping. And loving the colour palette of your second creation, like you it's one I always think works so well and am a big fan of harlequins on backgrounds, really add lovely interest.

    Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a Happy Sunday for you , and a big Congratulations Sandra for your new adventure ahead. Your cards are stunning as always . Have a lovely week

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many many congratulations Sandra, have fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra, a huge welcome to the team, and what stunning designs for your first DT projects! I really like the way you've brought interest into the backgrounds but kept them simple to show off the gorgeous stamps, which coincidentally I also bought recently, but have yet to ink up. Great layering on the rose card. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sandma
    Stunning cards as usual....
    congrats on your new venture... you deserve it ..
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new DT post Sandra. I love both of your cards and the lovely colours you've used on both.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two beautiful cards Sandra. Beautiful stamps used on both. The layering on the first has a lovely effect, very nice colours used on both and well designed, very elegant! Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2 gorgeous cards Sandra and congratulations with your new DT you deserve to be there.
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome, Sandra!! Happy to have you in the team.
    You made two beautiful cards! Fantastic use of stamps. And making the backgrounds. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Huge congrats on your new DT!! They are lucky to have you!! These are both stunning!! I love the colors and the stamps you used!! Congrats again!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sandra,
    congrats on your good news.
    Both cards are so very wonderful and beautifully created.
    Super inking techniques and super designs also.
    My fave is the second one.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Sandra - double congratulations on the new DT posts. I'm sure you'll be an asset to both. Two beautiful cards today, gorgeous colours and details on both.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Sandra, well deserved!!!! Lovely cards and both so subtle and beautifully coloured in. Crafty Individuals stamps sooo suit your style and I'm sure you will settle well and they will see you at your very best!!!! Lots of love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Huge welcome to the team Sandra and with two fabulous cards too. Love your backgrounds, lovely colours and subtle stamping, two fab stamps as well.

    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Big Congratulations Sandra, and well deserved, I love your creations and always find them so inspirational.
    Now these two cards are absolutely gorgeous,I love the rose Image and its colours, beautifully designed with those layers too. Card two's colours are fabulous, wonderful combination and gorgeous images, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so pleased for you Sandra, your work is always beautiful and so inspirational...as these two beauties clearly demonstrate!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Its such a pleasure to have a talent like your's join the team Sandra! I am loving your beautiful creations! The backgrounds on both are so beautiful and how you have then showcased them with those beautiful stamps is just the icing on the cake. Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on joining both DTs, so well deserved.
    Two beautiful creations. The first one is so elegant with all the layering and I love the combination of colours on the second card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulation on your new DT position Sandra, no wonder you are so happy!.
    Two beautiful stamping cards, love the images used and beautiful colours.
    Hugs Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Huge Congratulations Sandra, Brenda is a dream to work with.
    Two fabulous cards with really gorgeous images and fabulous backgrounds.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. We are all totally delighted that you have joined the team, Sandra! And yes, I agree it was meant to be. These two creations are absolutely gorgeous! Now I have seen the detail of your layering on the first I am even more blown away by it's beauty! Two top class very elegant creations. We are so lucky to have you with us xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. These two cards are gorgeous Sandra and I love the dimension on the rose and the pattern the roses make in the background looks terrific, then the teasels on the second with the harlequin stencilling and what a wonderful colour combination. Congratulations on joining the Stamping Sensations DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on being in the Stamping Sensations Design team! Looking forward to see your cards there aswell!
    You mede 2 beauties, but favorite is the first; beautiful colouring and super layers! Hope you have a fun week planned!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats on your new DT position Sandra. Two fabulous cards with the super layering on the first and lovely colours on the second xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Many congratulations! x Both stunning cards and both with amazing backgrounds. Great stamping and colouring and both great cards...Thank you for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations! Two stunning cards, can't pick a favourite x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, two fabulous cards! Have fun with your new DT position Sandra.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats on your new DT position,fabulous cards you make ;O))

    ReplyDelete
  29. Both fabulous cards, love the rose on the first card, and congrats!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. BIG congrats on your new DT placement Sandra, and I am loving these beautiful displays here.xx.♥
    [aNNie]

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats on joining SS team - I look forward to seeing your work for them. These are just fantastic. Love the layering and colours on the first one. The second one is so bright and colourful and an inspired design.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Two gorgeous cards, Sandra. The colors are lovely and the layouts are fabulous. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Sandra
    What pretty cards, love your colours and images on both.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...