Monday, 10 July 2017

What You See

Hello there and a happy Monday morning to you all.

A few weeks back, I went to the Stamp Magic show at Doncaster and I bought a few more Inkylicious stamps to add to my ever growing collection.  When I recently saw the Rubber Dance July Colour Challenge, knew this was the perfect opportunity to take out my stamps one of my new stamps and get it inked up for the first time and here's the card that I've made for the challenge:


I knew that I would be using quite a lot of water on this project and so I used a glossy card as it doesn't buckle when the water is added.  I started by putting the three colours onto my a piece of acetate and then spritzing them with water before smooching the colours onto my card.  When I was happy with the colour, I stamped the eye in VersaFine Black Onyx before embossing with a detailed black powder.  I then added several drips under the eye in the three colours to look like tear drops.  Next, I used my Ink Dusters to add more colour and also a star stencil over the colours to add a little more interest.

The card was just a little too big for an A6 card, so I used a square card and added a few Tim Holtz Floral die cuts in black to finish the card off.

The stamp is by Inkylicious and the inks that I've used are: Distress Fossilized Amber; Wilted Violet and Adirondack Raspberry.

Wishing you all a happy and colourful week and I'll be back with you on Thursday to share some exciting news about the next Crafty Individuals show on Hochanda x

I would also like to enter this card into the following challenges:

That's Crafty July - Anything Goes
Craft Stamper TIMI - Anything Goes

27 comments:

  1. Very 'eye catching' card card Sandra and love your design which is perfectly coloured

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely colourful card, I love the stamping, colours, everything. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic card Sandra, A great stamp and I love the sentiment you've used with it.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very different but very beautiful Sandra
    Gr Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant card Sandra, it's a fabulous image and I love how you've used the colours, super sentiment and the floral image just finishes it all off, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Sandra. Love the design.
    Flo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, super stamping and gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful Sandra, the eye looks so striking against these colours. Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at Rubber Dance and have a fun week. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, this is stunning!! I love the amazing colors and the images you've used!! So creative and gorgeous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow so effective.
    Thanks so much for clearing it up with Trish and lettung me know, as it definetly says no social media and I noticed someone else not revealing the full card even after publication.L x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lush colours Sandra, it's superb take on the inspiration and a real statement piece and the teardrops really add to the impact.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow great card! Beautiful eye and those colours seems to be made to combine with it! Enjoy the sun! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh, nice and inky Sandra - love it, love it!!!!! You know I have a big love of faces and eyes and this is great! Nice and bright - fabulous!!! I know you have a love (and are absolutely brilliant at) of landscapes and this may take you out of your comfort zone a tiny bit but you'd done a fine job here - well done!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, the smooshed background looks great against the black stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a great new Inkylicious stamp Sandra and I love the stripes of colour and the TH die cut flowers frame it beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning creation, Sandra! The colours are beautiful and the black floral die cuts are a perfect finishing touch. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic work on this card Sandra, gorgeous background colour, love the new stamp you have used and sentiment, finished with a perfect floral frame.
    Pamx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous colour chart to have to follow and you have certainly done it justice. Super creation and I feel that eye is watching me, great sentiment too.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow...so eye catching (if you'll excuse the pun!) Great colours, fabulous layout and those die cuts finish your card off to perfection. Absolutely love your mixed media card x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the addition of the die cuts Sandra it really gives your beautiful card depth. Thank you for sharing with us over at That's Crafty & joining in with the Blog Challenge..
    Best wishes Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful work! The background is wonderful.Thank you for joining the Rubber Dance July Colour Challenge. xx Susanne.

    ReplyDelete
  22. ooh don't know how I missed that wording stamp ! fabulous card Sandra, the eye is so lifelike and love the colours too. I don't seem to be able to master using the acrylic to apply the colours and its so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ooh, gorgeous and striking. Love the contrast between the center brights and the side panels. Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fantastic card. A great technique and I love the colours. Such a good sentiment with that lovely eye and I like the die cuts too. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have no inkilicious stamps yet, but they look beautiful!
    Your card is gorgeous!! Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! This really caught my eye (sorry!). Great colours and the eye looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...