Sunday, 13 August 2017

Deckchairs By The Sea

Hello there,

I hope that you've all enjoyed your weekend.

I'd like to share a card with you that was featured in last month's edition of Craft Stamper magazine:


The main focal image is one of my absolute favourites from Crafty Individuals.  I love it because it's so full of fun and it reminds me of those careless days spent splashing around in the sea, when time just didn't matter.  The guy in the deckchair is a stamp that I've had for ages by Sheena Douglass.  He looks quite relaxed, don't you think? 

The background was made by spritzing water onto Distress inks on my craft mat and then dragging my card through it.  Once it was dry, I then used Seaside stamps by Sweet Dixie and the same inks so that everything would tone in nicely.  I added some Fluffy Puffy stuff on the incoming tide to add some dimension and to give it more of a realistic look.  

That's all from me today but I hope to be back with you all soon, until then, enjoy the rest of your day x 


17 comments:

  1. Love your beach scene card Sandra and such a great background you've created using your Distress inks

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning creation, love the colours and fabulous image and background.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning. The background is fabulous and I love the addition of puffy stuff on the waves x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card, congratulations on it being featured in the Craft Stamper magazine. I love the background for your lovely scene, gorgeous colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Georgeous work Sandra, I love the pink with the turquoise blue and the puffy stuff looks great for waves on the focal image and the figure in the deckchair is just great. Have just seen more of your super Crafty Inidividual cards over at their blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Sandra, I love the colours you've used for it too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A lovely card Sandra, fabulous colours, and a great mixture of stamps. I have the main image, it really is so reminiscent of childhood days at the beach. Love the puffy stuff on the waves, Judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Got my copy and found your card; it is such a fun and summer one! Great that you were published again! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a carefree looking card...spot on! The background is ever so pretty with the blue colour and the pretty seaside stamping in the pink. Yes the boy does look really relaxed x Congratulations on being published xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card Sandra. Love those super colours and stamps xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card Sandra, lovely colours and background, love the guy in the deckchair too, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is so gorgeous!! I love the stamps you used!! The colors are beautiful!! The foam on the waves is fabulous!! Love this!! It makes me wish I was at the beach right now!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely colour combination to start with. Those stamps work so very well together and I can almost hear those little girls laughing and splashing in the sea!! A really beautiful card xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was a wonderful make Sandra and deserved it's place in Craft Stamper. The colours are perfect, lovely and cool, that main focal stamp is a favourite of mine too and the fluffy stuff is brilliant on those waves. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can see why it made Craft Stamper, a fab composition and such pretty colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...