Sunday, 6 August 2017

I've Gone Fishing at Stamping Sensations

Hello there,

It's time for a new challenge over at Stamping Sensations and our theme this time is 'Anything Goes.' I have to say that this gives everyone lots of scope to get their creative juices flowing and we really hope that you'll be able to join us.

I decided to make a colourful scenic card this time and I hope that you like it:


I started by using Ink Dusters to colour in the background with Memento Dandelion before masking over the water and then dusting again with Memento Rose Bud, Danube Blue and Adirondack Denim.  I also used the same colours in the top right hand corner.  Once I was happy with my background, I then used a stencil to create the mountains with Rich Cocoa ink and I used the same ink to stamp the trees.  I had originally intended to stamp everything in brown but then I decided that using black in the foreground would give the image more perspective, what do you think?  

All the stamps and stencils that I've used are by Inkylicious.  

We are very kindly sponsored this month by Swedish House Crafts:

We really hope that you'll be able to join us for this month's challenge but please remember that we are a stamping challenge and we need to see stamping as your main focal image. All the details of our challenge rules can be found here

Please note:  If we don't comment on your entry it will be because it doesn't follow our theme to qualify under our rules, or because we are asked to sign in or provide additional data to comment on third part hosts such as Instagram, Flickr or Facebook etc.  We really don't want to be rude but we do want to be fair to those who follow the rules.

That's all from me so I wish you a very happy and colourful day x

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenge:

The Artistic Stamper - Anything Goes

29 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, beautiful scene and wonderful colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a tranquil scene Sandra and I think using black for your focal stamping was the right decision as it does make the fisherman pop and draws the eye right into the scene.

    Hope you have a good Sunday.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card Sandra. Using the black in the fore ground gives it great prospective.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's stunning!! Beautiful colours and very current as the days are getting shorter. A marvellous scene xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Sandra, what a amazing scene .

    Hugs Babs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think this is absolutely beautiful...and yes I agree that the black seems to give it depth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Sandra!!! You know that I love all of your creations with scenes on them. I also like how you decided to "go black" at the front - I always do this, make it darker at the front and then lighter tones towards the back - it gives a feeling of closeness at the front. The pink and blue tones give this warmth and it is balanced very well with that touch of pink and blue in the sky too. Well done, great job!!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another fab scenic card Sandra, like that sentiment too!


    Joan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always make the most beautiful scenes. Great colours and blending and the silhouette stamps are gorgeous x Amazing looking water x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning! Beautifully stamped as always. Yep, the black gives it a little punch of magic.
    Hugs Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally stunning and you've been quite right about the black, it really does give dimension. Colours are amazing and a beautiful tranquil scene, love it Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You truly make the most beautiful scenes!! The things you do with stamps - spectacular!! I love this!! What a gorgeous work of art!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful, love the colours you've used to create this wonderfully tranquil scene x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am always jealous of people who can create these types of scene using stamps! Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW this is absolutely beautiful!
    Your latest works are also wonderful.
    Hugs Carola

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your card Sandra, simply perfect and so beautiful, with this restful landscape!!! I love it!
    I will look at your blog challenge, I've never looked at it so far... Will try to participate also to the challenges in the future if I'm allowed to, and have a bit of time or the perfect make suitable to the theme :)
    Hugs, Coco xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another absolutely gorgeous background what on earth is there not to like about it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. it's really amazing the way you combined all the different stamps for your scene

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous scene and the mixture of colours is perfect Sandra. I think you are right that the black for the foreground does give great perspective. Fabulous! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely and relaxing scene!!! It's a stunning card, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Always good to see a scene from you; this is so beautiful! Hugs, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  22. I can just imagine being in your little tranquil scene - so very beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete
  23. A gorgeous scene, Sandra! Those colours are wonderful! I thought of you when we saw some gorgeous scenic paintings today by an artist called Andrew Bailey. I think you would like them x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Sandra,
    oh my this card is so brilliant and the scene you have created is so tranquil and very beautifully inked.
    Love the gorgeous colours you have created with the inks.
    Beautiful stamps used.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  25. A fabulous card, love the tranquil scene and the colouring is beautiful. Love the quote.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so wonderful Sandra, I look at your card and think of my Dad (a keen fisherman), such a perfect scene.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A Fabulous creation. Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at my blog Your comments are very much appreciated :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...